European Heritage Days Paris
European Heritage Days
The European Heritage Days have been inviting visitors to discover different Paris that is not usually open to the public, for 35 years now. The event opens the doors to one-off openings, behind the scenes, little-known places, offering you various one-of-a-kind free visits to explore the secrets of Paris, from September 15 to 16. There is something for everyone, different events in unusual places, discovery trails, workshops and more! Here you can find 10 of various activities that we have chosen from the list of the European Heritage Days in Paris! For an amazing stay in Paris we offer you the most elegant Luxury Apartments that we have distributed throughout the city so you can enjoy comfort, design and security that BE APARTMENT provides you.
1) The official residence of major figures of French history such as Marquise de Pompadour and Napoleon I, and nowadays the residence of French president, the Elysée Palace opens its doors exceptionally to the public during the European Heritage Days in Paris on Saturday and Sunday, from 9am to 6pm.
2) The Sorbonne University is also an architectural jewel that opens its doors for free during the European Heritage Days in Paris and offers you a chance to discover the work of students from technical colleges and art schools, and on Sunday at 3pm, the Orchestra and Chorus of the Universities of Paris will give a special concert! Free visits are available on Saturday and Sunday, from 10am to 5pm.
3) The Jérôme Seydoux-Pathé Foundation welcomes cinema lovers to discover its headquarters, located in the Théâtre des Gobelins.You will enjoy self-guided tours, different guided tours and film-concerts. Come by on Saturday and Sunday, from 10am to 7pm.
4) The Luxembourg Gardens will open its glasshouses exceptionally for the European Heritage Days in Paris, givingyou an oportunity to discover some unexpected plant species right in the heart of Paris. On Saturday and Sunday, from 10am to 6pm.
5) The Maison de RATP welcomes you to travel back in time for an unusual photo shoot on a retro bus from the 1920s! Climb onto the platform of the legendary TN20, take a picture and keep this original souvenir of your stay in Paris. The bus is there on Saturday and Sunday, from 10am to 5pm.
6) The famous cabaret Crazy Horse invites you to step into the world of the cabaret in the company of one of its top dancers. From backstage to anecdotes, you’ll find out all about the cabaret in Paris. The visit is free upon appointment, on Saturday at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm and Sunday at 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm.
7) The Palais de la Porte Dorée has a full programme lined up for the European Heritage Days in Paris, for both adults and children: you can enjoy visits, film screenings, a treasure hunt and workshops. You can also discover the roof of the building with its unique architecture, overlooking the heart of the East of Paris. The visits are available on Saturday at 10.30am, 12pm, 1.30pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5.30pm and on Sunday at 10.30am, 12pm, 1.30pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5.30pm.
8) Located in the centre of Paris, the City Hall (Hotel de Ville) is a majestic building of Neo-Renaissance style. It is the seat of the city council and also boasts sumptuous reception rooms rarely open to the public, as well as an impressive library. Visit it for free on Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 6pm.
9) Le Palais Royal also participates in the European Heritage Days in Paris and invites you to visit the State Council and Constitutional Council lounge and unveil the hidden heritage of the Palace! On Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 6pm.
10) Do not loose the opportunity to discover Bercy Village vinicultural past. Former Parisian storeroom back in the 19th century, this place of life and shopping is a must see in Paris, filled with secrets that will be unraveled during guided tours provided on September 15 and 16!
Enjoy the European Heritage Days in Paris! If you´ve decided to spend few days in the city you can always stay in our Luxury Apartments by BE APARTMENT in the centre of Paris, the best in the city of love and glamour.