Best hippy and boheme markets in Ibiza
BE APARTMENT offers you the best luxury apartments and the most elegant experience in Ibiza and various European top cities, come and enjoy it with us!
For a wonderful stay in Ibiza, BE APARTMENT offers you the most elegant Luxury Apartments in Ibiza, for your security and confort.
Have you heard about Ibiza´s famous Hippy Market? It´s one of the island top attractions and a must-see for every holidaymaker. But that´s not the only market you can visit, there are many happening all over the island, so wherever you stay you can enjoy a fabulous shopping experience! Ibiza has strong artistic roots going back to the early ´60s when artisans, painters and designers flocked to the island to experience its unique atmosphere, incredible light and freedom of expression. All this comes through in the markets held on the island where handmade items of clothing, jewellery and artefacts can be bought.
Here is a list of the regular markets that happen around the island, some are opened only in the summer season, others all year round, each has its own unique atmosphere. Some are major on local handicrafts, others bring you exotic jewellery, textiles and clothing from places such as South America, India and Indonesia. Just take a look and decide which one you´d like to visit!
1) On Monday and Tuesday from June to September, 19.00 to 1.00 h. In August als on Sundays, there is Las Dalias night time market. Here you can immerse yourself in the hustle and bustle of this atmospheric market, Las Dalias restaurant and event venue is still a meeting point for the modern-day hippy. Specialities include handmade clothing and jewellery, often there is live music. It´s located in and around the Las Dalias Restaurant shortly before the village of San Carlos in the North of the island.
2) Every Wednesday from April to October, 10.00 to 19.00 h, you can visit Hippy Market Punta Arabí. The original one and the biggest markets! Countless stalls huddle beneath the shade of pine trees on lots of winding paths between white bungalows. This market is stuffed full of items from all over the world – many handmade. A definite shop till you drop experience! There´s also a kids area where they can make their own souvenir of the market; there are several bars and restaurants offer drinks and food and drummers and live music add to the lively atmosphere. It´s ubicated in the resort of Es Caná on the grounds of the Club Punta Arabí.
3) Thursday from May to October, 18.00h till midnight, on the promenade of the small resort of Cala Llonga, there is Cala Llonga market. You will find small selection of stalls by local artisans selling fashion accessories and silver jewellery set with precious gems.
San Rafael artisan market is opened also on Thursday from June to September, 19.00 to 23.30h. It´s a great weekly market with ceramics with traditional and contemporary designs as well as other artisan-made products. It´s the only place on the island named an area of interest for handicrafts, there´s even fruits from local orchards! Just come to the village of San Rafael, located in the middle of the island.
4) Every Saturday all year round, from May till October from 10.00 to 20.00h, from November till April from 10.00 till 18.00 h. There is Hippy Market Las Dalias, uring the summer it is also held on Monday and Tuesday nights. After the Hippy Market in Punta Arabí this is the 2nd largest one, with a fantastic offer of fashion and jewellery, many handmade from local designers and artists, as well as lots of other handicrafts like leatherware and paintings. Enjoy mime acts, the Moroccan tea tent, live music and the exotic atmosphere of Las Dalias, still one of the most important meeting points for the bohemian hippies of the island. There are several bars offering drinks and fresh juices and the restaurant Las Dalias serves tasty meals on the terrace overgrown with shady ivy. It´s held in and around the Las Dalias Restaurant shortly before the village of San Carlos in the North of the island.
Moreover, every Saturday all year round from 10.00 to 16.00 you can visit Forada Market you will find stalls featuring local products from local people. There is artwork and handicrafts of all types, with paintings, sculptures and ceramics. There´s also artisan made hierbas, the local drink, perfumes and cosmetics and lots of other things. Even performances and poetry can be had, including traditional music from different countries. The palce the car park of the Can Tixedo Art Cafe near San Rafael
Once Upon a Time Market is held on different locations in Ibiza, in the grounds of Boutique Hostal Salinas, the chic and stylish market offers fans an eclectic but quality range of underground fashion labels, accessories, eco products and much more. The DJs play some excellent mixes to accompany those enjoying either a well mixed cocktail at the bar or strolling around the market, of up to 40 stalls. There are several markets throughout the year, normally on a Saturday.
5) During the summer season from May till October there are also street markets selling accessories, jewellery, leatherware and many other things. Here is a small list:
Figueretas – every day along the promenade from early evening.
San Antonio – along the front of the harbour from early evening (every day apart from Sunday).
Ibiza Town – every evening in the narrow streets of the old port quarter La Marina from late afternoon till midnight.
Santa Eulalia - in the ‘Ramblas´ opposite the fountains (leading down to the beach) every day and evening.
Santa Gertrudis - from June to September in the village square next to the church, every Saturday between 20.00 and 23.00 h
Formentera – from May to October between 16.00 and 21.00h every Wednesday and Thursday in Pilar de la Mola.
Do not loose the opportunity to enjoy Ibiza and discouver all its secrets! If you´ve decided to spend your holidays on the island you can always stay in our Luxury Apartments by BE APARTMENT, the best luxury apartments in Spain.