Nativity Scenes Barcelona
Christmas season in Barcelona is absolutely worth seeing! Christmas markets and "pessebres" or "Nativity scenes" can be seen in different places around the city, there are also "pessebres vivents" or "living nativity scenes" that feature real people and animals acting out the Christmas story! If you have a chance to see one, for example at Poble Espanyol, don't miss it out! For a perfect holiday, get the most unique experience with BE Apartment in the best luxury apartments in Barcelona and other cities, for your security, pleasure and comfort.
The Nativity Scenes serve as decoration in Catalan homes, beside Christmas tree. Streets, squares, churches and entities of the city each prepare their own Nativity Scenes. The most famous one is at the Plaça Sant Jaume, but there are many others such as la Iglesia de Belen, la Pia Almoina, Associació de Pessebristes de Barcelona, Reial Monestir de Santa Maria de Pedralbes, or Poble Espanyol. There are also particular Nativity Scenes such as the Nativity Scene de Casa dels Entremesos, which has a touch of humour with the traditional giant figures from la Ciutat Vella. Undoubtedly that´s a local tradition that deserves exploring this Christmas!
Here is a list of Nativity Scenes and decorations that you can see during this Christmas season in Barcelona:
1) Plaça de Sant Jaume: Untill January 6, from 10am to midnight.
2) Parròquia de Nostra Senyora de Betlem: Untill January 6, daily from 11am to 2pm and 5pm to 9pm. From January 7 to January 27 on Sundays from 11am to 2pm and 5pm to 9pm.
3) La Casa dels Entremesos: Until February 4, Tuesday to Saturday from 10am to 1pm and 4pm to 7pm. Sundays and public holiday, from 11am to 2pm.
4) El Museu Frederic Marés: Until January 6, Tuesday to Saturday from 10am to 7pm. Sunday from 10am to 8pm.
5) Reial Monestir de Santa Maria de Pedralbes. Museu Monestir de Pedralbes: From December to February 2, Tuesday to Sunday from 10am to 7pm.
6) Live Nativity Scene in Poble Espanyol: December 8 to 9, from 10am to 8pm.